The Counter Sales person will increase sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and courteously assisting internal and external customers in the selection and purchase of needed products.
1. Assure that counter area is staffed and customers are waited on promptly and courteously.
2. Answer phone promptly, always using proper phone etiquette.
3. Possesses sufficient product knowledge to understand customer’s needs when entering orders.
5. Stay current on information systems, especially the AS400 Mincron system.
6. Always verify accounts and read all notes. Pulls orders quickly and accurately by bin location;
7. Maintains and updates open order report weekly.
8. Maintains and rotates counter displays in a neat and orderly fashion;
9. Handles returns promptly; checks material for damage or defects, enters return into computer using correct disposition code, places saleable material back in stock and defective material in proper location;
10. Handle all sales following company pricing and credit guidelines;
11. Actively participates in company-sponsored sales and marketing promotions;
12. Always assist in or load material in or on customer vehicle; check any material customer may have loaded (i.e. pipe);
13. Exemplifies excellent customer service, keeping customer satisfied and complaints to a minimum while showing a positive attitude.
14. Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products;
15. Takes responsibility and solves customer complaints and problem; never placing blame.
16. Always follow special instructions on orders.
17. Follows all company policies and procedures.
18. Continually seek opportunities to increase your product knowledge.
19. Assist other departments during off peak times.
20. Has neat, clean appearance; following the rules in the company handbook.
21. Performs other duties as assigned; and
22. You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT and adhere to the PDI Core Values.
High school diploma or equivalent required. 1-3 years industry experience preferred. Candidate must have excellent communication and customer service skills. Keyboard experience preferred. Problem solving skills preferred.
Must sit/stand 8-10 hours and lift up to 75#.