Maximize sales volume by implementing the PDI Premium Client Service standards. Specific responsibilities include: client development and sales generation (80%), Store operations (10%), and outside business development (10%).
Competency profile includes:
- Values that promote and contribute to the Team’s Success
- Customer Focused, with strong sales ability / persuasiveness
- Skilled in relationship building and ability to navigate within the organization
- Compliance with all PDI policies and procedures
Reports directly to Store Manager with daily and occasional contact with the design trade, contractors, Builders, Remodelers, Architects and PDI Brands Manufactures Representatives.
Sales Generation 80% of time
Achieve Financial Metrics
- Monthly Orders and Shipped sales goals
- Supports business by meeting key performance indicators (KPIs)
Achieve Selling Process Steps
- Consistently demonstrate Professional Selling Skills
- Qualify and educate potential design clientele on project services offered by PDI
- Uses selling techniques such as; actively listening, asking open-ended questions, suggestive selling and follow up, to build customer loyalty and capture the sale
- Develop and maintain operational proficiency with all software and job related programs
- The PDI brand through communication, personal appearance and professionalism
- The PDI Core Values and Best in Class Service
- In-store and in-Home Consult programs for design projects, for locations that apply
- In-store events by attending and actively promoting the stores value ad
- Installer referral programs, new product introductions, and sales promotions
- New product introductions and sales promotions
Maintain client relationships
- Own all phases of the client experience from initial contact through delivery and installation
- Provide Picture Books / Quotes within 2 business days
- Follow up on all quotes within 3 business days
- Check email and voicemail daily. Follow up on client communication within 24 hours
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
- Provide Thank You notes Post Sale
Manage time by
- Coordinating sales, office, and customer appointments with the Daily Agenda
- Managing selling and non-selling task daily, prioritizing to maximize job efficiency
- Actively participate in 40 hours of approved corporate and / or vendor provided, product and sales trainings, including minimum of 10 hours of lighting training and 10 hours of tile training in locations that apply.
- Maintain Personal Training Log by updating all training activities
- Take pride in personal contribution and know personal performance results
- Develop detailed knowledge of all product lines, features, and benefits
Store Operations 10% of time
- 100% compliance on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- All voice, in-person and electronic correspondence with a sense of urgency
- Customer quotes, sales orders, and all related paperwork with high level of detail
- Sales tools including Daily Ledger, Quote Log, Sales Dashboard and all store related KPI tools
- Samples and literature, and overall cleanliness of the Store/Showroom.
- Team atmosphere by assisting colleagues’ customers in their absence
- All PDI family of Brands
- Suggestions for store improvement and sales development
- On-going trainings
- Staff & Company meetings
- Industry events, including and not limited to ASID, NKBA, NARI
Outside Business Development 10% of time
- A strong trade business and trade client base through effective relationship management.
- Personal Selling Plans with a minimum of 5 – 10 active trade accounts
- And educate potential design and trade clientele on services offered through the store/showroom
- And provide support with all phases of working with trade clientele including consultations, site visits, assisting with design development, internal coordination of delivery services and warranties
- 4 non-store initiated trade events and design work shops throughout the year.
Preferred 3 years sales / service experience, and preferably in the kitchen and bath, home improvement, or hospitality industry. Graduate degree in Kitchen & Bath design is desired. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be results oriented.
Candidate must be capable of creating and communicating product and / or design solutions in a timely manner and articulate why to buy from The PDI Kitchen, Bath, and Lighting Showroom / KOHLER Signature Store.
Candidate must have strong computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and or drafting software. In addition they must have the ability to learn the PDI business and operating system.
The Candidate must pass a drug test with negative results on employment offer; drug and alcohol testing will be conducted as part of a random program, reasonable suspicion, and after some accidents thereafter