Provide accurate information, assistance, and support to customers, outside sales force, and other departments; prepare quotations and coordinate material purchases.
1. Promotes PDI through courteous, efficient customer service and displays a positive attitude.
2. Works in a professional manner to build customer loyalty and performs at a pace to meet our customer’s needs.
3. Answers phones in courteous manner and assists customers.
4. Provides accurate bids and price quotations in a timely manner.
5. Enters sales orders and coordinates shipping with appropriate individuals, both inside and outside the company in order to meet our customers’ delivery requirements.
6. Resolves pricing discrepancies.
7. Acquires and maintains current knowledge of vendors and their products.
8. Maintains current market information on both products and pricing to provide efficient and effective pricing to our customers.
9. Places orders for non-stock items and tracks orders to ensure on-time and accurate delivery.
10. Generates credits for material to be returned to PDI and manages them for a cost effective and timely conclusion.
11. Acquires return authorizations on special ordered items returned
12. Recommends new inventory to increase sales and profits and to better serve our customers.
13. Maintains well-organized job quote files for easy future reference.
14. Prepares neat and professionally prepared quotations and submittals following the customers’ specifications, communicating with the customer throughout the process.
15. Prepares neat, professional submittals for jobs awarded; enters reserve orders from approved submittals.
16. Continually seeks new customers for PDI working closely to create memorable service and to create customer loyalty.
17. Provides back up support for counter, showroom, warehouse and other branches.
18. Participates in physical inventories.
19. Maintains open order report.
20. Helps maintain and care for office equipment;
21. Performs other duties as assigned; and
22. You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT.