Maximize sales volume by implementing the PDI Premium Client Service standards. Specific responsibilities include: Sales management (70%), Sales Generation (20%), and Inside Business Development (10%).
Competency profile includes:
Values that promote and contribute to the Team’s Success
Customer Focused, with strong sales ability / persuasiveness
Experienced in customer service,
Compliance with all policies and procedures
The Associate Showroom Sales Consultant must be able to balance multiple responsibilities at once with little supervision.
Reports directly to Showroom Manager, and is a support to the internal and external customer with all aspect of the sales process. The Associate Showroom Sales Consultant is to work closely with the Showroom Sales Consultant and management team to support driving the daily needs of the business.
Sales Management 70% of time
- Daily Open Orders
- Assist Showroom Sales Consultants with open orders, contacting customers, providing ETA’s, checking voicemails, updating notes, product research, product issues, broken/missing product, deposit/refunds.
- 100% compliance on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- All voice, in-person and electronic correspondence with a sense of urgency
- Sales tools, resources, collateral and overall cleanliness of the Store/Showroom.
- Assist Showroom Sales Assistant in support of the internal and external customer with aspects of the sales process as needed.
- Team atmosphere by assisting colleagues’ customers in their absence
- All PDI family of Brands
- Suggestions for store improvement and sales development
- On-going trainings
- Staff & Company meetings
- Industry events, including but not limited to ASID, NKBA, NARI
Sales Generation 20% of time
Achieve Financial Metrics
- Monthly Orders and Shipped sales goals
- Supports business by meeting individual key performance indicators (KPIs)
Achieve Selling Process Steps
- Consistently demonstrate Professional Selling Skills
- Create customer quotes, sales orders, and all related paperwork with high level of detail
- Assist showroom team in creating customer quotes, sales orders, and all related paperwork with high level of detail.
- Uses selling techniques such as; actively listening, asking open-ended questions, suggestive selling and follow up, to build customer loyalty and capture the sale
- Develop and maintain operational proficiency with all software and job related programs
- The PDI brand through communication, personal appearance and professionalism
- The PDI Core Values and Best in Class Service
- In-store events by attending and actively promoting the stores value ad
- Installer referral programs
- New product introductions and sales promotions
Maintain client relationships
- Assist in all phases of the client experience from initial contact through delivery and installation
- Assist Showroom Sales Consultant in completion of personalized product catalogues and client follow up, in addition to maintaining and following up on own clientele.
- Check email and voicemail daily. Follow up on client communication within 24 hours
- Assist in resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
- Provide Thank You notes / emails Post Sale
Manage time by
- Support the Coordination of sales floor coverage, office time, and customer appointments with the Daily Agenda and store management.
- Managing selling and non-selling task daily, prioritizing to maximize job efficiency
- Actively participate in 40 hours of approved corporate and / or vendor provided, product and sales trainings, including minimum of 10 hours of lighting training and 10 hours of tile training in locations that apply.
- Maintain Personal Training Log by updating all training activities
- Take pride in personal contribution and know personal performance results
- Develop detailed knowledge of all product lines and features and benefits
Inside Business Development 10% of time
- Build a strong client base through effective client relationship management.
- Price Tags, Inventory Management, literature replenishment, sample orders.
- And assist Showroom Sales Consultant on potential design services offered through the store/showroom as needed.
- And assist Showroom Sales Consultant with all phases of working with trade clientele including consultations, site visits, assisting with design development, internal coordination of delivery services and warranties as needed, in locations that apply
- 2 - 4 non-Store initiated trade events and design work shops throughout the year
o And attend educational workshops, review professional publications, and establish professional networks
Candidate will possess 1-2 years’ experience in a retail or consumer engaging position, preferably in the soft line, home improvement, or hospitality industry. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be results oriented. Candidate is also self-developing and approachable, and an individual who values teamwork and collaboration.
Candidate must have strong computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and or drafting software. In addition they must have the ability to learn the PDI business and operating system.
The Candidate must pass a drug test with negative results on employment offer; drug and alcohol testing will be conducted as part of a random program, reasonable suspicion, and after some accidents thereafter.
The Candidate will be required to take a Personality Assessment and or Caliper Assessment.
Career path for this job function may lead to a Sales Design Consultant and or Inside Sales Consultant, once metrics and appropriate business development standards have been achieved.