Assists the Pricing Manager with the maintenance of accurate pricing across the company. Performs regular trend analysis and excel based reporting projects.
1. Performs Data entry of pricing updates
· Maintains and updates “buying” price sheets in system;
· Maintains and updates “selling” price sheets in system.
2. Provides various price management information and data to Pricing Manager for accurate and timely pricing decisions;
3. Assist in revising and maintaining PDI’s pricing headers to reflect consistency among product groups;
4. Creates market based pricing spreadsheets and keeps data current;
5. Communicates with Purchasing Department any pricing intelligence gathered from the sales force;
6. Gathers information and presents to Pricing Manager. Sends daily reports to Pricing Manager detailing how and where improvements in either buying opportunities or pricing enhancements can increase profitability of company;
7. Assists in identifying customer invoicing trends and makes adjustments where needed to lessen size and frequency of salesperson’s edit;
8. Generates reports that will show growth and potential growth of product sales, product lines, and customer classification sales performance;
9. Assists in reviewing W.A.C. report and adjusting selling cost in system where appropriate;
10. Communicates changes in pricing to all personnel and departments with a need to know these changes;
13. Create positive relationships and rapport with reps and manufacturers;
14. Works directly with outside sales, showroom consultants, and counter sales personnel in maintaining consistent and effective pricing strategies;
15. Models, tracks, and forecasts profits
This is an Excel heavy position. Must have a proven ability to accomplish goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will work well in a team atmosphere as well as possess the ability to work on extended individual projects. Must possess strong analytical skills and be comfortable working on trend analysis and reporting projects. The candidate should have strong communication skills and be able to tactfully communicate with employees of all levels as well as vendors. Experience working with Microsoft Suite required with a focus on advanced Excel skills. Prior purchasing or pricing experience a plus but not required. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or other related field. Equivalent experience acceptable.
8-10 hours sitting working at a computer required.
You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT.
TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE