Pull customer orders properly and completely in a timely manner; place in designated area for loading on respective vehicle, always assist in loading. Unload incoming material from LTL and other freight trucks. Work to ensure all material is put away accurately.
1. Pull material to fill orders by bin location; pack material according to proper packing and stacking procedures;
2. Assemble material for shipment following material handling procedures;
3. Verify accuracy and consult with order writer before making substitutions; report any variances and ask questions if unsure of product or quantity;
4. Double check all orders, place in designated area and mark clearly with customer’s name;
5. Be properly trained before operating material handling equipment; follow all warehouse safety rules;
6. Assist other departments during peak times;
7. Report any damage to warehouse equipment (lifts, racks, ladders) immediately;
8. Report low or out-of-stock items; report any damaged product immediately;
9. Assist drivers in loading and unloading trucks;
10. Unload all incoming freight and verify accuracy of Bill of Lading. Verify all received material to packing slip and receiving report for accuracy;
11. Advise manufacturer and purchasing department of any shortages, damages, or problems with the order; put proper Rec/AP notes on purchase order.
12. Properly tag special material and put in proper location in warehouse; Maintain pick ticket with notes stating special order location.
13. Put material up and get received in computer in a timely manner.
14. Rotate stock on product when required (i.e. glue, pumps, and fiberglass)
15. Assist other departments at peak times.
16. Continually seek opportunities to increase your product knowledge;
17. Follow all company policies and procedures;
18. Perform other duties as assigned; and
19. You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT and exhibit PDI core values.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Attention to detail is a must. Ability to operate a forklift is a plus.
Position required standing 8-10 hours a day, lifting 75#.
TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE