Maximize the customer experience by implementing the PDI Premium Client Service standards. Specific responsibilities include: Sales Management (75%), Store operations (25%). The Sales Assistant supports the sales team by performing administrative duties and organizational tasks
Competency profile includes:
- Core Values that promote and contribute to the Team’s Success and the PDI Brand
- The sales assistant must be able to balance multiple responsibilities at once with little supervision.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism and follow-up skills are invaluable in this position
- The Sales Assistant is a liaison between the Sales Team and the Customer
- Compliance with all policies and procedures
Reports directly to Store Manager, and is a support to the internal and external customer with all aspect of the sales process. The Sales Assistant is to work closely with the sales and management team to support driving the daily needs of the business.
Sales Management 75% of time
- Overall support in achieving store monthly sales goal
- Daily Open Orders
- Assist’s store team in PO Management, PO Tracking, Transfers, Split Orders, and Deliveries, re-ordering of broken missing product, Warranty Claims, Daily Edits, RECON, and daily Deposits as needed
- Uses Customer Service techniques such as; actively listening, asking open-ended questions, to promote and build customer loyalty
- Develop and maintain operational proficiency with all software and job related programs
- The PDI brand through communication, personal appearance and professionalism
- The PDI Core Values and Best in Class Service
- In-store events by attending and actively promoting the stores value ad
Maintain client relationships
- Assist in all phases of the client experience from order placement, through delivery and installation.
- Order and Maintain literature and samples for the store
- Check personal email and store voicemail daily. Follow up on client communication within 24 hours
- Assist in resolving customer complaints graciously and quickly, providing solutions and timely follow up
Manage time by
- Support the Coordination of sales floor coverage, office time, and customer appointments by being available to provide sales floor coverage as needed
- Managing operational, selling, and non-selling tasks daily, prioritizing to maximize job efficiency
- Actively participate in 40 hours of approved corporate and / or vendor provided, product and sales trainings
- Maintain Personal Training Log by updating all training activities
- Take pride in personal contribution and know personal performance results
- Develop detailed knowledge of all product lines and features and benefits
Store Operations 25% of time
- 100% compliance on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- All voice, in-person and electronic correspondence with a sense of urgency
- Open orders, bids, and purchase orders with high level of urgency and detail
- Sales tools, resources, collateral and overall cleanliness of the Store/Showroom.
- Team atmosphere by assisting colleagues’ customers in their absence
- All PDI family of Brands
- Suggestions for store improvement and sales/service development
- On-going trainings
- Staff & Company meetings
- Industry events, including but not limited to ASID, NKBA, NARI
Preferred 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service/sales position, preferably in the soft line, home improvement, or hospitality Industry. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be results oriented. Candidate is also self-developing and approachable, and an individual who values teamwork and collaboration.
Candidate must have strong computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and or drafting software. In addition they must have the ability to learn the PDI business and operating system.
The Candidate must pass a drug test with negative results on employment offer; drug and alcohol testing will be conducted as part of a random program, reasonable suspicion, and after some accidents thereafter.
The Candidate will be required to take a Personality Assessment and or Caliper Assessment.