Prompt, safe delivery of materials
1. Loads and unloads truck with assistance from order pullers:
A. Makes sure load is accurate
B. Checks for damages
C. Checks material against work order, paying attention to product on ticket and customer name of boxes/pallets
2. Complete pre and post trip inspections according to CSA2010 regulations.
3. Wrap and tie down material to insure safe delivery; making sure to keep product dry during inclement weather.
4. Follows all safety precautions to, during and from deliveries; following all OSHA rules on jobsites;
5. Places material in area designated by customer following safety rules;
A. Weather conditions may call for designation changes
B. Any changes should be reported to supervisor
6. Observe all warehouse safety rules. Report all accidents and injuries to supervisor immediately;
7. Maintain all DOT qualifications, including keeping DOT card up to date;
8. Displays excellent customer service with internal and external customers; always having a positive attitude;
9. Drives truck carefully on deliveries and pick-ups, always being safe and observing traffic rules. Uses best judgment in hazardous areas, avoiding getting stuck in mud, watching power lines and pre-accessing job sites.
10. Report any delays that might affect the customer to your supervisor immediately (i.e. traffic, road blocks, and inclement weather);
11. When returning from deliveries, unloads truck and makes any necessary changes on paper work and reports to supervisor; always puts material in designated areas.
12. Become familiar with delivery/pickup territories to be able to make prompt deliveries;
13. Maintain NO RIDER policy; only authorized personnel in trucks;
14. Call Supervisor/ Manager before accepting return merchandise;
15. Consistently improve product knowledge to be able to identify material being delivered. Know where material safety data sheets (MSDS) are and how to use them.
16. Learns identity of materials being delivered. Knows where material Safety Data (MSD) sheets are and how to use them
17. Maintains neat and clean appearance. Wears proper attire for job safety while maintaining acceptable appearance (i.e.: Wears steel toed shoes, wears shirt during summer)
18. Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a positive attitude to internal and external customer.
19. Loads trucks in manner that load will be secure and will not be damaged;
20. Performs other duties as assigned; and follow all PDI policies and procedures.
21. You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT and exhibit all PDI Core Values.
22. Keep PDI trucks clean! Trash and garbage needs to be disposed of through the day.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to pass a DOT physical; clean driving record is required. Candidate must have good communication skills and attention to detail. Previous driving experience is preferred.
Must be able to sit/stand 8-10 hours and lift 75#.
TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE