The Showroom Sales Trainee will spend 6 months training in all aspects needed to be a successful showroom sales employee. Pending their success in the program they will increase sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and courteously assisting internal and external customers in the selection and purchase of needed products. The end goal of this program should be a placement as an Showroom Inside Sales employee, Showroom Consultant, or Showroom Management depending on the skill set and desire.
1. Successfully complete all assigned trainings while in the program;
2. Learn to work at the quick and efficient pace of other showroom staff;
3. Be available to rotate between different locations in the Atlanta metro during various portions of their training;
4. Learn various departments that interact with the counter on a regular basis;
5. Instantly greet all customers, always have a positive attitude, and qualify customer needs.
6. Answer phone promptly, always using proper phone etiquette.
7. Possesses sufficient product knowledge to understand customer’s needs when entering orders.
8. Stay current on information systems, (including by not limited to the AS400 Mincron system, Bridge, SpecBooks, vendor online portals, etc.)
9. Maintains and updates open order report weekly.
10. Handles returns promptly; checks material for damage or defects, enters return into computer using correct disposition code, places saleable material back in stock and defective material in proper location;
11. Handle all sales following company pricing and credit guidelines;
12. Actively participates in company-sponsored sales and marketing promotions;
13. Exemplifies excellent customer service, keeping customer satisfied and complaints to a minimum while showing a positive attitude.
14. Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products;
15. Takes responsibility and solves customer complaints and problem; never placing blame.
16. Follows all company policies and procedures.
17. Continually seek opportunities to increase your product knowledge.
18. Has neat, clean appearance; following the rules in the company handbook.
19. Performs other duties as assigned; and
20. You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT and adhere to the PDI Core Values.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Industry experience preferred, but not necessary. PDI will train an appropriate candidate on all the product knowledge they need to be successful. Candidates must posess a service first attitude and have a great work ethic. They must have excellent communication and be able to deal with various personalities of customers. Must be comfortable using a computer. Problem solving skills preferred.
Must sit/stand 8-10 hours.
TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE