Keeping a Kohler Signature Store thriving requires a diverse set of leadership skills, and as a Manager, you’re a master of them all. In the store’s fast-paced, dynamic retail environment, you exhibit composure as you learn from each new challenge. You build and inspire high-performing teams of unique individuals who deliver positive experiences for customers as they learn, shop, and get support. Most importantly, you share both the Kohler Brand vision with employees and customers alike. Specific responsibilities include: Business Development (60%), Store Operations (20%) and Team Development (20%).
- Proven ability to drive positive internal and external customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results.
- Ability to manage separate lines of business and customer requirements within a complex environment.
- Possess strong and direct communication skills, which clearly impart the Kohler Signature Store vision and culture to your team and corporate partners.
REPORTS TO: KSS Business Development Manager
Business Development 60% of Time
- Sales, Service, and Marketing Goals and Objectives outlined in the Winnable Game and overall BDP (Business Development Plan).
- A strong working knowledge of the showroom P&L and Adaptive Financial Planning tool.
o Aid in the development of monthly and annual Sales budgets.
- A strong knowledge of local market opportunities and development of a proactive and effective customer development strategy to drive new customer acquisition.
- “Best in Class” customer service, providing a gracious and branded experience to all customers.
- The execution of client development strategies, ensuring consistent collection and updating of client information.
- A strong and consistent team atmosphere by assisting colleagues’ customers in their absence
- The Sales Reporting Process: Including weekly and monthly review of results with Business Development Manager (BDM).
Store Operations 20% of time
- A satisfactory score or 3 or better annually on the Continued Improvement Checklists; CIC’s are conducted Quarterly.
- A satisfactory score on all internal audits conducted bi-annually, and complete an annual Cycle Count of all displays, and on hand inventory, by year end.
- Standards for all creative products in store, including literature, signage, price tags, flowers and general overall décor.
- Customer quotes, sales orders, purchase orders, returns, open invoices, and related paperwork, with high level of urgency.
- Ongoing feedback to Sales and Operations Manager on all suggested ideas for store improvement, product development, and client services, internal and external.
- Partner with local Branch Manager’s on all operational proficiencies including but not limited to; deliveries, transfers, defectives, returns, and all operating system (Mincron) functions.
Team Development 20% of time
- A robust internal and external talent pipeline through employee, client and personal networking.
- Critical Positions are filled within 90 days.
- Monthly, bi-annual, and annual performance review meetings with all members of staff in order to identify and leverage strengths, and to close any identified skill gaps through appropriate coaching and/or training.
- Monthly touch-bases with store team, reviewing performance results with Business Development Manager (BDM).
- Communicate the client development strategy, and the related individual objectives, promotions, and event strategies, to each staff member.
- Overall Team Development and growth, through ongoing coaching and training, ensuring that the team has the proper tools and resources to achieve expected goals and business results.
- Monthly Team Meetings – Business Development Manager (BDM) to attend one team meeting per quarter.
- Open communication with the Business Development Manager on individual performance results.
- Partner as needed on disciplinary action and formal performance improvement plans.
- Sales and Product Training: Schedule weekly and monthly Vendor and Manufacturer trainings for all products provided at the Kohler Signature Store.
- 4 year degree required; specialization in interior design preferred.
- You have demonstrated leadership ability with at least three to five years of experience in a customer-facing sales management setting.
- Cross-industry experience is welcome — a retail background is not necessary.
- You will demonstrate an “Owner” Perspective, and have a passion for learning about PDI and Kohler Co. Branded Kohler Signature Stores, and all related products.
- You'll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- You will need to be proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and business Acumen.
- You must pass a drug screening upon acceptance of an employment offer.
- The position has a light strenuous rating and requires frequent talking, hearing and constant use of near vision.
8-10 hours sitting/standing daily.